Sunday, December 16, 2018

Words

"You have a beautiful family," I said as we passed by those in a neighboring booth as we left a restaurant. Not having eaten all day, we had stopped at the first place we could find after getting off the plane. I had been noticing the attractive family next to us with two little tow-heads and the back of a little blonde head in front of us bouncing with be-ribboned dog ears.

Then I noticed three other children, a little older, in a booth by themselves, obviously a part of that family. They were pleasant-looking and well behaved.

"Thank you so much!" the mother replied, while the dad smiled appreciatively. Six kids! I could relate to that!

I'm not in the habit of interacting with strangers, but I couldn't help noticing and admiring a stewardess earlier as she readied to board the plane with the crew. A stylish black woman, her hair was cut as close as possible, but very flattering, especially on the most perfect head I'd ever seen!

Later, as she was serving us coffee at our seats, I said, "I like your hair style, and you have a perfect head!" She laughed, and I ventured, "I'm sure you've been told that before." She murmured, "Many times."

It felt good to give a compliment, and I was always grateful and complimentary to the pilot for a safe landing. On our arrival earlier, my shoes were about to be removed at security when the attendant asked my age, for if one is over 65, shoes don't have to be removed. When I told him, he said, "You look young for your age; I wouldn't have guessed!" At any rate, I was glad to keep my shoes on!

































































"You have a beautiful family," I remarked to the people in the next booth as we passed. We had not eaten all day after getting off the plane, so we stopped at the first place we found. I had noticed two little tow-heads sitting with their parents, and the back of a little blonde head with a pair of bouncing, be-ribboned dog ears in front of us. They were pleasant and well-behaved kids. I could see three more children, a little older, sitting in an adjacent booth, obviously part of the family.

"Thank you so much!" the mother exclaimed, as the father smiled appreciatively. If they had six kids, I could relate!

I don't ordinarily interact with strangers much beyond a smile, but I found myself doing so today! A stewardess on the plane caught my eye as I saw her often busily active even before we boarded. The tall, black woman was striking with her hair cut closely all over. The cut was very flattering, especially on a perfect head! I told her that as she was serving us coffee in our seats.
!
"I like your haircut," I said, then, "You have a perfect head!" She laughed and I went on, "I imagine you've been told that before," to which she replied, "Oh, yes!"



No comments:

Post a Comment