Monday, December 17, 2018

Heirloom

Several years ago, snow globes were all the rage at Christmas time. Not the little hand-held ones that send flurries of snow when held upside down, but big, foot high globes that played music and swirled snow when plugged in. I think there was a Frosty the Snowman that twirled in the center.

Anyway, I decided it would be a nice gift for each of our children's families, since their kids were all still pretty young. We bought six of the big, boxed gifts and mailed those that we couldn't deliver personally. They were a big hit!

This morning, my daughter in Georgia called and said, "Remember that Christmas that you bought everyone snow globes?" Of course, I remembered. "Well," she said, "We got ours out of the attic yesterday, and Kaden went crazy over it!" Our little 10-month old great-grandson!

I had just been thinking of the snow globes and wondered if anybody still had one! Maybe some were broken, or lost, or the children just outgrew them, but I was pleased that this one survived and pleased another generation!

One thing I am certain of that remains from generation to generation is our family's inheritance of faith in God and serving Him! Nothing is more rewarding to me than to know they are faithful and active in church and
have raised their families the same way. Not that everyone and everything is perfect, but they all know their way to God!

David said in Psalms 71:17, "O God, thou has taught me from my youth: and hitherto have I declared thy wondrous works. (18) Now also when I am old and grayheaded, O God, forsake me not; until I have shewed thy strength unto this generation, and thy power to every one that is to come."

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment