Thursday, December 13, 2018

Airborne!

"I have something I want to give you," my husband said to the attendant who was pushing his wheelchair through the corridors of the airport on our trip this week. He handed her a scripture card, one of the many he likes to give out as a ministry tool. She read the card, smiled and showed it to her friend who was pushing my wheelchair.

"You will have an extra star in your crown in heaven for treating me so nicely," he went on. Actually, these ladies with scarves wound tightly around their heads looked to be Muslim. His attendant turned to the other one and said something in a different language.

"I was telling her what you told me!" she said as she turned and gave him a hug and a pat on the back.

On our return trip from seeing our daughter and family in Georgia, Howard gave a card to the stewardess as we settled in our seats. She looked at it, and said, "Do you have any more? I want to give them to the rest of the crew." The words on it were from Psalm 34:7, "The angel of the Lord encampeth round about all those who fear Him, and delivereth them." Comforting, especially in the air!

And so it went throughout our trip. When we were being rushed through the crowds hurrying toward us as they deplaned and headed for their next flight, I said laughingly to the young man pushing me at warp speed, "You are like Moses dividing the Red Sea," watching the flight passengers split and give way to our wheelchairs.

"What did you say?" he questioned, to which I replied, "The Red Sea! In the Bible!"

"Oh, I know all about the Red Sea," he said. "I was born in Israel."

"Are you a Christian?" Howard asked, and he replied, "Yes."

As we got off the plane at our destination, a smiling young man seated me in a wheelchair and said, "I remember you!" referring to our flight the previous week. "I saw you on the plane," he went on, obviously meaning when I was commending the pilot in the door of the airplane a few minutes before.

When he wheeled me past an airport restaurant a few minutes later, the observant fellow pointed out, "That's where you ate the other day!" Sure enough, it was where they had pushed us when we had time to eat between flights on our way to Atlanta! How pleasant it was to meet so many friendly people we didn't even know!


No comments:

Post a Comment