Friday, November 2, 2018

Egg-zactly!

I'm so excited! I finally learned how to cook the perfect egg! I've always had trouble getting an egg "over easy" (the way my husband likes them) without breaking the yolk and making a mess. Well, I saw a hack on FB that fixed my problem.

All I have to do is drop the egg into a hot skillet, add a couple tablespoons of water, and put a lid on! After a few minutes on low heat the egg has a film over it, the white is firm, and it slides right out of the skillet! How beautiful all three eggs (I cooked one for me, too) looked on our plates!

Many years ago, I was helping out at a restaurant my parents had, when a man came in and asked for a "basted" egg. I had no idea what that was, but now I can make them effortlessly! In my later experience, I found that to baste an egg requires plenty of oil or bacon grease in the pan, sloshing it over the egg, and getting a burn if it splashes on one's hand.

Eggs are healthy, in spite of the past notion that they were bad for you due to cholesterol. (We have farm eggs, so no worry.) Jesus implied the value of an egg in an illustration on the Holy Spirit in Luke 11:11-13:

"If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? of if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent? Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?"

I wonder how Jesus liked his eggs?






No comments:

Post a Comment