Monday, November 5, 2018

Time Change

Daylight Saving! (Or rather, the reversal of!) I was staggeringly sleepy last night, but the clock showed it was only 8:00 p.m.! How could I stay awake any longer? It had been a busy day, me waking up at the usual time of 6:00 o'clock to get things ready for church and Sunday dinner.(Not to mention we had attended the Carman concert at our church Saturday night!) Then I looked at my phone in the darkness and saw it was only five a.m.! I tried to go back to sleep, to no avail. No wonder it was such a long day!

Truly, I like going back to regular time, it will just take a while to get used to it. I wish the powers that be would leave time alone! In the book of Daniel, Daniel says in verses 2:20-21, "Blessed be the name of God forever and ever: for wisdom and might are his: And he changeth the times and seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom to the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding."

We live in a world of speed, hurrying, and instant results--in food mixes, communication, microwaves and much more. I find myself tired from going and doing, though nothing like those who are younger and busier.

Tomorrow is election day for the mid-terms. The news is frantically reporting on the equally frantic scenarios of politicians, speeches, and loyal supporters. We will vote tomorrow. If I could, I would vote for normal time all year round!













No comments:

Post a Comment