Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Picture Perfect

Now this is nice, I thought as I was browsing at Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago for a wedding shower gift.  It was a pre-made wedding scrapbook with lots of nicely framed photo insert spaces and tasteful captions.  I liked the black and white motif which added a formal, contemporary touch to the album. 

The only thing was, a couple of the plastic page protectors were rumpled and bent.  They didn't have any more, so I had the idea to go to the store in Stillwater.  They would have a much better selection,  I reasoned.

Stillwater's Hobby Lobby had none at all!  Back to square one for a gift idea.  Then I realized I could order the album online!  That would guarantee nobody had thumbed through it and spoiled it.  It arrived in plenty of time for the shower protected by bubble wrap in a sturdy mailing carton. 

The day I went to get gift wrapping paper, I found the perfect card, black and white also, with a couple holding an umbrella on the front and wishes for showers of good things for their future inside.

"This is from Mimi and Pa-Pa," our grandson announced, looking at the card  as he picked up the first present and handed it to his fiancee'.  They seemed intrigued by it, and several others exclaimed that they hadn't seen any like it before.  They passed it around and I was holding my breath that it wouldn't get smudged, since we'd just had food and cake.  I was so glad they liked my gift!  Thank you, Lord, for the idea!


No comments:

Post a Comment