Thursday, May 30, 2013

Come Rain or Come Shine

I had been so looking forward to finding out the results of a blood test which would let us know if our future grandchild our daughter-in-law is expecting would be a girl or a boy.  A few weeks ago I called Jamie, our son, and asked them if they knew yet.

"No, we told the doctor we didn't want to know...," he began, to which I interrupted and exclaimed, "What! Well tell him I want to know!"  "Let me finish," my son went on, "We were planning on having a gender-reveal party, so we told him to send us the results in a sealed envelope, then we would find out with everyone else at the party!"

I was relieved until he explained further, "We called to find out if they had sent the envelope, and it turns out the technician understood we didn't want to know, so they didn't do that part of the test!"  So now nobody knows, I thought!  I was hoping to find out it would be a boy, since they already have two darling daughters.  Besides, I wanted him to find out how it was to raise a boy, hopefully one just like him!

Then yesterday, I got a text on my phone from Jamie with the cryptic message, "It's a boy!"   Tammy must have had an ultra-sound!  I squealed with delight and lost no time in calling him. My spirits have been bouyed (no pun intended) ever since!

Not only that, I finally got to see pictures of the new house they are buying!  He had tried to send them once before of the outside of the house, but I wasn't able to retrieve them on my computer.  The link he sent yesterday was of a realtor's slide show, so I was able to see it all--the lovely interior, the backyard, the porches and the rest.  I can't wait to go for a visit! 

Despite the weather, it has been a blessed week!  I finally found a dress I like for our grandson's wedding next month, my daughter's birthday present I sent arrived on the day of her birthday, my hairdresser finally "got it," and our prayers were answered for our son Greg's family's safe trip to Louisiana and back.

The week-end promises to be fair weather, so maybe I can make inroads on getting my house company-ready for our daughter Amy and girls when they fly down for the wedding in just a few weeks.  What a lot to look forward to!  There is nothing to compare to the happy celebrations and reunion of families, and ours is about to increase by two--the new granddaughter-in-law, and the new grandbaby! (Make that three...we will also get a grandson-in-law in two weeks at our granddaughter Michaela's far-away wedding!)

No comments:

Post a Comment