Wednesday, December 7, 2011

At the End of the Day

I had been in a funk all afternoon, disappointed that I would have to return my boots I'd found after much searching. I had brought home the wrong size. When I called the store, I was told they didn't have the size I wanted.

Cold weather puts me in a bad mood, too, and it has been cold and bleak for days, with the coldest weather of the season last night. A scratchy throat and a nagging headache hadn't improved my disposition, either.

I'd been so thankful this morning when I realized Howard had slept without pain in his foot that had been troubling him of late. We praised God that he could bear weight on it again! The swelling was disappearing and the appearance was improved!

My husband had been taking medicine, but not the kind you find in a bottle. He read healing scriptures three times a day--his prescription, he said. "The Bible says He sent his Word and healed them," he explained, "and this is His Word!" And thank God, it was effective!

With that victory, why did a little thing like my purchase have me down? I was ashamed and asked God to work it out about the boots. Although I didn't see how He would, I went to the store tonight, anyway. I saw the ones like the clerk had suggested as a second choice on the rack, and sure enough, they were impossibly high and not even pretty. I decided to take one more look around and went to the spot where I had originally found the ones I wanted. There in plain sight was the pair in just my (right) size! I took them to the counter and had the cashier, a different one on duty now, double check both boots so I wouldn't make a mistake again!

"That box on the floor is probably the boots the other girl was holding for me," I told her, "but you can just put them back. I found the ones I was looking for."

And my husband's search ended in success, too! He and another minister had been trying to make contact with a family with only an obituary as a clue, when the pieces to the puzzle fell into place in an unexpected way. The family who had been in need was reached and ministered to, opening up possibilites for further ministry in the future. It had been a good day, after all! "This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it!" Now that scripture is good medicine!

1 comment:

  1. nice post thanks for sharing..happy holidays...

    ReplyDelete