Friday, January 11, 2019

Read it Through!

Ever since last Sunday when the pastor encouraged everyone to get a "Read Through in a Year" edition of the Bible, I have been trying to find one. I'm pretty sure I have one in storage with other books, because I used it one year and did read it through. But since it is bedraggled, I wanted a new one and went to the book store.

I found a couple, one a NLT, and the other a chronological edition. Since that was all they had, the lady at the desk offered to order me one, and asked what version I wanted. I told her I preferred a KJV, although I had considered the New Living Translation.

"That's about as far as you can get from a King James," she said. So I had her order the KJV.

"What is your name?" she asked as she filled out the order. I told her, and she surprised me by saying, "Oh, you're one of our authors!"

"Yes," I said, because I had just seen one of my books malingering on the shelf. A few years ago I kept them stocked, but somehow I got discouraged and let it go.

Anyway, my Bible is supposed to come in today, and although I'll have some catching up to do, I'm looking forward to reading passages from the Old Testament, New Testament, Psalms and Proverbs! I love the variety, and change of pace it gives! Somehow it reminds me of a church service: Old Testament, announcements; Psalms, song service; Proverbs, preaching; and New Testament, altar call!

No comments:

Post a Comment