Friday, January 25, 2019

Hand in Glove

Gloves! I don't know how many I have lost! I bought a new pair to take on our trip to Georgia awhile back. We were enjoying the flight with the amenities of a screen and ear phones in front of us to watch a movie or track our flight. We even had a seat near the front.

After a (mostly) smooth landing, we joined the line exiting the plane. Half way up the aisle, I felt in my pockets for my gloves, and one of them was gone! I probably dropped it as I was getting out of my seat! There was no way I could back-stroke through the massive line behind us! Shopping with my daughter the next day, I got a pair which I am holding on to!

My husband is the same way. "Where are my gloves?" he calls, as he is preparing to do his animal chores. New, sturdy work gloves were bought recently for him, but where are they? I searched in a drawer and found some mismatched ones for him, then I was surprised to see him going out with a great-looking pair!

"Are those my gloves?" I demanded when I saw what looked like a familiar pair.

"No," he smiled cheerfully, "These came in the mail!" What? I wondered what was in a bulky mailing envelope addressed to him! He is always getting flimsy t-shirts from some charitable organization he contributes to, and I thought it was one of them. Apparently, this was a new one!

But they came at the right time! Almost as he was walking out the door! It almost seemed like God granted his desire and need! When Howard came back in, he exclaimed how good the gloves felt and how warm they kept his hands!

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in time of trouble," Psalm 46:1. Some versions say "...in time of need." He certainly was that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment