Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Sunshine on My Shoulder

The temperature was 59 degrees when we got up this morning, and a perfect 72 by the time of my doctor visit. The beautiful sunshiny, cool day was enough to make me feel better, let alone the medical diagnosis of merely having fluid in my ear. I had been feeling so bad and letting my imagination run away with scary scenarios.

Wow! Medicines are expensive! I cringed at the $104 tab for my nasal spray and Howard's prescription. Then the pharmacist told me they would be over $600 without insurance! Thank God for a big favor!

Walking into Walmart, I noticed a rack of pretty breakfast gowns (aka dusters) on clearance. $2.00! I bought two! Just what I had been needing instead of the current choices in my closet: a striped, Joseph's-coat-of-many-colors light-weight men's robe with a torn pocket, an over-size white cotton wrap-around, and a very dated fringed, orange caftan. Much better for morning cooking are these feminine loungers in pink plisse and waffle pique! (Even the name sounds like breakfast!) I like small favors, too!

Feeling celebratory, Howard and I treated ourselves to lunch at our favorite fifties diner. They had a protein plate he wanted, and I got their signature hamburger, the best in town! A phone chat on the way home with my daughter who was visiting in our Mississippi home town left me in a warm, nostalgic mood as she shared about seeing people we knew.

The phone rang when we came in the door. It was our Houston son confirming our plans to go there for their baby son Isaac's dedication in two weeks! When I said I couldn't wait to see Isaac, he asked, "Did you like the video I texted you?" to which I responded, "What video?" He said he had sent a video on my iPhone of Isaac in the bathtub. I couldn't wait to view it.

I wasn't successful in bringing it up, so my patient son walked me through it and showed me how to text on the new phone. The baby splashing in the tub was adorable, and I learned something new as well! Thank you, God, for the blessings of today!

No comments:

Post a Comment