Friday, June 14, 2013

Thumbs Up!

Thumbs up!  My daughter sent me a phone pic with Corrin, her lower face swathed in bandages, holding up her hand in this sign of hopefulness and confidence from her hospital bed.  She will have surgeries later today, and I am thankful for her positive attitude, although some apprehension is understandable! 

I have been busy grabbing the phone and painstakingly texting back and forth with Amy and Rachel, trying to retrieve the snapshots they send, all the while making Howard's birthday cake and doing dinner preparations for a pre-birthday celebration with local family tonight.  I can't believe he'll be 75 tomorrow!  But he's so young! (And since I'm a year behind him,  I must be young, too!)

We had been counting the days until all of Amy's family would come for our grandson's wedding next week.  Now a shadow has fallen over that happy event as plans have been changed and eclipsed by this unforseen accident.  Suddenly nothing matters except the safety and well-being of our injured and endangered grandchild.  Our hearts ache to be there with her, but grandparents coming from this distance, with travel arrangements and other considerations, might only complicate things.  Hopefully we can see her soon, though.   

And we do have the visit of our son Trevor and family to look forward to, not to mention son Mark and his wife Rhonda, parents of the groom, all of whom we will get to spend time with at the wedding.  Others of our family are busy with the wedding of granddaughter Michaela, to be wed on Saturday in Tennessee.

So I still have plenty to do around here for company readiness.  I have been coddling our flower beds and hanging baskets, willing them to be pretty for next week, and Howard is even now trimming the lawn and doing yard work with a handyman he has enlisted.  A busy weekend is ahead with Father's Day on Sunday, so even though I may not have a green thumb, I will give a thumbs up, too, for all the good times and the times, Lord willing, that will get even better!

1 comment: