Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Power Cord

My computer was dead! It went dark right in the middle of the article I was writing! No lights, nothing. No matter how many times I pushed “start”, it wouldn’t. Finally I closed it. When I was certain it was no use, I called my son to toll the funeral bell on my electronic friend. He said it sounded like something electrical, and for me to take it to the repair shop.

The next morning, I half-heartedly pushed buttons one more time, saying a prayer for it to come on. Just as I was about to close the lid, my computer sprang to life! Thank you, Lord! Later, I used it briefly, it shut down, but again, prayer brought it back! It had been resuscitated twice, but it went down for the third time. This time I took it to the computer shop.

It wasn’t dead, it only needed a new power cord! Praise God! I was feeling so bereft without it! The answered prayer had been dramatic, though, and my prayers that I wouldn’t have to get a new computer were answered, too!

Last night at our Bible study, the leader asked his grandmother to share the testimony again that she had given last week when we were absent. She said she would be happy to. Ms. Ruth said a few days before, she had taken a shower, got ready for bed, and suddenly felt very unwell. An awful feeling came over her, and she considered having her grandson take her to the emergency room. Just as she had made up her mind to do just that, she heard God say, “What about Me?”

Upon hearing those words, she thought, okay, I’ll go pray about this. She got into her recliner and began to pray. “Suddenly a feeling of warmth, almost a burning, began to go through me from here to here,” she said, drawing her hand down the middle of her chest and abdomen. “At first, it kind of scared me,” the elderly woman admitted, “but then when it stopped, I felt good, and I’ve been fine ever since!” She gave God glory for healing her, as the rest of us joined her in praise.

Before he started our lesson our leader asked prayer for pain he had been having in his feet and legs. Going on with the lesson, he began to read in Acts 3:2, about the lame man God healed through Peter and John. He read verses 7 and 8, which say, “And he took him by the right hand and lifted him up, and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength. (8) And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered into the temple with them, walking, and leaping, and praising God.”
When it was pointed out what he had just read, our instructor began jumping in faith that his feet and legs would be healed! I can’t wait ’til next week to see what God has done!

No comments:

Post a Comment