Thursday, December 12, 2019

Snow Day!

Snow! I couldn't believe the white stuff everywhere when I opened the door yesterday morning. Ugh! I didn't want snow! But as the morning wore on and the sun came out, I recognized the beauty of the snow!

Later, as I swept off the fluffy accumulation on our porch and steps, I was actually enjoying it! The flakes sparkled like diamonds in the flurry of my broom.

Howard  had a doctor's appointment that afternoon, and as we drove along the curvy roads I noticed the frozen beauty of the roadside trees. Every bare branch and twig was coated with white, looking like crystalline straws of candy in a mesh of mystery. As we got nearer to town, cultivated hedges and evergreen shrubs dripped with ermine cloaks of perfectly symmetrical swaths of snow on their dark shoulders.

Many scriptures in the Bible speak of snow. Job 38:22 reads, "Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow? Or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail?"

Psalm 147:16-17 tells us, "He giveth snow like wool: he scattereth the hoarfrost like ashes. He casteth forth his ice like morsels: who can stand before his cold?"

Verse 18 goes on to say, "He sendeth out his word, and melteth them: he causeth his wind to blow, and the waters flow."

Howard had a good report at the doctor's office, only to return in August, so we left in light spirits. We couldn't pass up a coffee shop on this cold afternoon, enjoying a steaming cup and an indulgent donut for the ride home, where I admired anew God's wonderful creation of snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment