Friday, December 6, 2019

Like a Miracle on 34th Street!

"I can see!  I can see!" Howard awoke me by exclaiming. "I got up in the middle of the night and went to the kitchen to check my eyes, and I can see perfectly!"

Praise God! He had an appointment yesterday to see his eye doctor he had scheduled following a medical visit a few weeks ago. At that time, a needle was used in his eye to repair small aneurysms. This time, a laser beam was shot onto his retina! Hopefully, the treatment will be permanent.

I was allowed to stay in the room with Howard for the procedure, but I had to wear colored glasses to protect my eyes. The patient had to face the glaring beam, but thankfully the results were worth it!

My grateful husband couldn't wait to share the good news, and phoned all our kids early this morning. Greg, in Oklahoma, Trevor in Nevada, Mark in Austin, and tonight, Jamie in Texas and Amy in Georgia. Julie is local, but she is excited, too!

It reminded me of the Bible story of Jesus healing the blind man, John 9:1-12.  In Verse 25, when the Pharisees learned that Jesus healed the man by putting clay on his eyes, they called Jesus a sinner. The healed man answered and said, " Whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that whereas I was blind, now I see."

The doctor seemed sure of the results, for he said, "If you have to come back and have it re-done, there will be no charge!"

We were so excited that Howard would be able to drive safely downtown today and were ready to get into the car when our granddaughter Bethany showed up and offered to drive us. We enjoyed a great outing, still rejoicing in the good news! Thank you, Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment