Sunday, September 24, 2017

In a Flash

"I would like to have some coffee," my husband announced as we headed home. I'd had a hair appointment, and he had been at the gym. We'd already had lunch, but Howard loves his coffee.

"Okay," I said, "Let's go to the train depot coffee shop!" He agreed, and I went before him up the steps to the quaint little place. The wonderful aroma of coffee met me as I glanced appreciatively at the tastefully done interior. Then suddenly the room was coming at me in crazy angles in a kaleidoscope of confusion! I was aware of falling as Howard tumbled into me, knocking me down to the floor!

What had happened? Howard said he tripped his foot on something at the door! We were both down, and after I managed to get up, he resisted my efforts to help him. Instead, Howard scooted himself over to grab the leg of a table to help me get him up! I winced with pain from the impact of falling hard on the shiny, painted concrete floor!

Presently we realized we were somewhat okay, and drank our coffee to calm our nerves. I am alright now, more than 24 hours later, and Howard only has a scrape on his arm. How fast the unexpected can happen!

At supper I was making tacos, and I put the shells in the oven to get crispy the way we like them. Chopping a tomato, grating cheese, cutting lettuce and browning the ground beef, I thought how good everything smelled, almost overwhelmingly so! Just then I turned around to see blazes though the glass of the oven door! The taco shells were on fire! No wonder something smelled so strong!

I yelled in panic for my spouse, and confusion reigned for a moment before I grabbed a spatula and scraped the burning inferno into a pan. After dousing in water and putting the mess down the disposal, we flung open the doors and put the ceiling fan on high. Thankfully, I had more shells, and though a little shaken, we got through dinner!

Alarming world events are happening every day. We seem to be seeing scripture fulfilled before our eyes, but Jesus said the end is not yet. Nevertheless, we know that things can happen fast! Revelation 3:11 says, "Behold, I come quickly." Be prepared!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, so sorry that happened but glad you both are ok and recovering. You are right, alarming world events are happening every day around us; hang on to Jesus and remember our God has put a shield of protection around us. Have a great day!! I love your writings.....

    ReplyDelete