Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Lights Out!

The bulb in our refrigerator went out, and we kept forgetting to get one! Meanwhile, I had to use a flashlight or grope in the dark for whatever I needed from the mysterious contents inside. Finally Howard bought a bulb, but when he tried to put it in from the awkward angle, it didn't seem to fit.  A few more days of darkness. 

Intending to exchange the bulb for the right size, we found we had left it at home.  The helpful sales associate showed us different sizes of appliance bulbs, but we couldn't be sure.  Then saying that they didn't have the selection that an appliance store might have, he suggested we go to Lowe's.  We didn't feel like navigating Lowe's, so we went home  empty-handed.

That night, I asked our son and grandson over for supper, since Greg would be out of state for work the coming week. I mentioned the fridge, and Greg said, "Let me see that bulb," despite my telling him it wouldn't work.  He came to the table a few minutes later, and said, "It's fixed!"

"You mean it works?" I crowed happily, then opened the door to welcome, streaming light!

How important light is! Jesus tells us in John 8:12, "I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life."

Proverbs 4:18 says: "The path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the  perfect day."

That makes me think of traveling, for in Psalm 119:105 we read, "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." I have always compared this illustration to the headlights of an automobile. The upper beam lights the highway ahead (light unto my path), and the lower beam (lamp unto my feet),  illuminates the road directly in front of us!

We may not  have made it to Lowe's, but thankfully, we had the solution all the time! Jesus is always the answer, and He is there all the time!


No comments:

Post a Comment