Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Son to the Rescue!

Yay!  We have wheels again! Well, we did have a car to drive, but ours has been repaired, thanks to our amazing son!  After Greg and his father laboriously ruled out the fuel pump, Greg suspected something electrical was wrong.  He looked on the internet to see where the sensors were located in our car. The first one was more easily accessible than the one which turned out to be the problem. It was buried deep in the recesses of the mysterious workings of the automobile.

"Do you hear anything?" my husband asked over the phone.  When I said no, he exclaimed,  "The car started the moment I turned on the key!" He was calling from Greg's house where they had been working on the car and wanted me to hear the purr of the engine.  Praise the Lord!  Those were welcome words! Thank God for computers and smart offspring!  Our son saved us a hefty repair bill!

Some mail Howard had been looking for came yesterday, too, so it was turning out to be a good day. Things were coming together in the nick of time before we leave on our trip tomorrow. God is never late; He is always on time!

The car problem reminds me of our human make-up.  Sometimes something is amiss, and we don't know what it is.  We try this or that to make us feel better: New diet, new clothes, new possessions.  Still, there is an achy emptiness that we can't identify. It  may be a heart problem.

The electrical sensor that held the key to our engine's starting was deep within the heart of the car. We couldn't see it, but it was obvious there was loss of connection somewhere. It required a heart transplant, you might say.  God sent His Son to give us a new heart.

As the song says, "I owed a debt I could not pay, He paid a debt He did not owe, I needed someone to take my sins away. And now I sing a brand new song, Amazing Grace, My Jesus paid the price that I could never pay."

Sometimes we just need a tune-up, or a reconnecting spiritually.  May we pray like David did as recorded in Psalm 51:10, "Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me." And that is the heart of the matter!


No comments:

Post a Comment