Wednesday, May 27, 2020

As I See It:

Hey, it's good to be back home again! Since living in Tennessee, I've thought of my past and have been reminiscing over the 82 years that I am today. Emblazoned on my conscience are the words of a plaque that hung over the desk of  Mrs. Brawley, the office secretary when I was a student in Junior High school:

                    "Only one life, 'twill soon be passed, Only what's done for Christ will last."

David says in Psalm 37:25 "I have been young, and now am old: yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread."

Yet, I have seen tornadoes in Oklahoma, hurricanes in Louisiana and Mississippi, and only one  pandemic! Following Hurricane Katrina, I was standing on the corner of Winn-Dixie parking lot in Picayune, Mississippi. Winn-Dixie was still standing, but damaged.

I was standing with a small group of kids, when we heard a Semi-truck, a big 18-wheeler filled with ice! It was Mississippi hot, and we needed the ice! The young people I saw near Winn-Dixie looked worried and despondent. I felt as if God spoke to me and said, "This is what it will be like following the Rapture, and as if they missed the Rapture!"

I am reminded of hymns of hope: "Coming again, Coming again; Oh what a wonderful day that will be, Jesus is coming again!"

                      I Thessalonians 4:17, "Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds ,to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

Attached: Words from Trevor Summers and Mackenzie Stockstill.

                  Supper's on the stove! God bless, Howard Summers

No comments:

Post a Comment