Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Crazy Daze!

Crazy day! We knew we had several things to do, but foremost was getting a tire replaced.  "Go ahead and do that, and I will get ready while you're gone," I suggested.  When Howard came back, it was almost time for lunch, so we thought we would stop for a bite before his doctor visit for a prescription refill.

Since I was in the mood for a baked potato, we headed to Wendy's.  I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a vehicle blocking their driveway and the restaurant dark and empty!  They were closed! Who knows what happened? Nothing else appealed to  me, but we set out for McDonald's anyway. I placed our order and went to get iced tea.  That's strange, I thought. Where is the tea?  Then I saw the containers shoved back and the spouts turned away.  No tea! What else could happen?

"Why is there no tea?" I asked a server, who said, "We are out! We are waiting on a truck!"

"You mean you couldn't just go to Walmart and buy some tea?" I asked, then he replied saying, "No, because that wouldn't be McDonald's tea!" "Well, better that than nothing," I responded, which made him laugh, "I know, right?"

When I brought our burgers and soft drinks to the table, Howard said, "I wish I had gotten coffee,"   to which I replied, "I thought of that, but I knew you would rather have it with an apple pie." I would order the pie later so it and the coffee would be hot.

The girl gave me the coffee, and I said, "Could we have the pies now, too?" She looked and said they would take 10 minutes to bake.  Howard's coffee was getting lukewarm.  After awhile, I went back to check on them, and a worker said they didn't have any!  I had already paid!

I heard her tell another customer waiting on pies that it would take 15 minutes to bake them.  Finally Howard went to find out about them, and I could see the other pie customer there too.  At last my husband came back with two apple pies saying, "They were ready, but they gave our pies to another man!" They were HOT, even if the coffee was cold!

After the doctor visit, we headed for the farm to feed the animals, since Howard is able to do that now.  Our grandson had filled in for us while we were away.  I got a scoop of cat food for the barn cats and started to pour it in the customary place, but there was plenty of food already there! Howard told me to feed the chickens while he checked their water.  What's this?  Chicken feed was already on the ground!

We were  beginning to suspect that Adam had fed them before going to school, but I filled a bucket of corn for the pigs and goats, only to see from a distance they had some already! We started home, glad for the new tire, a replacement for a new one we had bought Friday which had left us stranded with a blow-out on the road Saturday!  At least I got some eggs from the nest and tomatoes from the vine. All's well that ends well, and I hope that's the last of our crazy days!

No comments:

Post a Comment