Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Whirlwind!

With temperatures in the 80s last week, snow yesterday and a hard freeze last night, it's no wonder I feel mixed up!  I want to write a blog, but my thoughts are a muddle.  To start with, we had a busy few days getting ready for the visit of our son Mark and daughter-in-law Rhonda.  We loved having them, and our dinner of roast-beef po-boys that I made turned out well, enjoyed also by our son Greg and his family.

After supper, they wanted to see Greg's  place in the country, ending with a twilight stroll across the pasture to their 5-acre "pond" (lake).  Next day, after a breakfast of homemade waffles with strawberries, Rhonda and I set out for a girls' morning while Mark and his dad went to do a carpentry project with Greg.  She is such fun to shop with, especially since she insisted on my trying on several items and buying me a cute shirt!

"Do you want to borrow my comb?" she asked from the dressing room where she was trying on clothes after I despaired over my messed-up do.  She handed me a purse-size hair spray, too. Wow!  I had never seen a comb like that!  A curved, flexible, comb with a  triple-row of teeth that she had gotten from her hair dresser, it made my hair do wonderful things.  She said it was a teasing comb, and we wasted no time in going to the beauty supply house to get one for me.

Meeting up with our guys, we had lunch at a country diner, joined unexpectedly by my granddaughter Allison and her boyfriend.  Mark and Rhonda went to their hotel for a rest before we all reconvened on Greg's deck for his 9-year-old daughter's birthday party. Rhonda had missed her son, Chase's birthday a couple of days prior, but he would be there that evening for the cook-out, along with his brother Grant and Grant's bride, Jessica.  Just a couple of days before, we had celebrated grandson Adam's 20th birthday there.

We met Mark's family at their hotel for breakfast the next morning, then since they were heading off to Wichita to see Rhonda's family, we decided to drive to Wichita for my sister's 85th birthday! What a great time we had seeing her and family members we hadn't seen for a long time. One niece is a genealogy expert who kept us enthralled with her knowledge of family history gathered over 30 years of research!

Sunday was upon us by morning, and putting on a chicken to roast while we were at church, I decided to ask Greg's family over for lunch.  There's nothing like family to make a Sunday dinner special, and it was!  An afternoon of relaxing was just what I needed to rest up from and reflect on the past few days.  They were amazing!


No comments:

Post a Comment