Sunday, October 31, 2010

All Will See

“How great is our God; sing with me how great is our God, and all the world will see how great is our God.” That song kept going through my mind today as I reflected on His amazing love and care for His children, and that he wants to communicate that to us. In less than a week’s time, I have become knowledgeable of at least three remarkable incidents when God spoke clearly to mothers about their sons.

The first was last Saturday when my daughter felt a burden of prayer and intercession for her 16-year-old son. After seeking God earnestly in his behalf, Amy turned her concerns for him over to God, and felt God say, “No matter what happens, I will use it for my glory.” She assumed this meant his future life or career, although she couldn’t explain the feeling of loss that she had. Then God told her, “He will be all right.” A few hours later our grandson had a narrow escape when injured in a four-wheeler accident. What if she hadn’t been impressed to pray?

I wrote about her experience in a blog, “In His Hands,” and it was read by one of my nieces. A few days later she wrote to me saying, “Almost the same thing happened to me yesterday.” She said she had been running laps, intending to do four. She decided to pray for one family member during each lap she ran. When she got to the fourth one, she heard the Lord tell her to pray for her son. It was an intense, forceful urge to pray, and she fervently prayed for him in tears and supplication. That afternoon the school called and said he had incurred some hard blows to the head during football practice. She rushed him to the hospital, where CAT scans revealed a concussion. We both marveled and praised God at this intervention and prayer alert from God that no doubt kept her child from worse harm.

Yesterday I was told of an even more amazing occurrence. Someone my daughter knows of is the mother of an older teenager who had spent his life overcoming problems relating to his premature birth. In recent years, he seemed to be getting a handle on life and had made great progress. Then a few days ago, one of his mother’s friends alerted her about something he put on face book that sounded like a cry for help. Knowing how teens bare their souls and are often dramatic on face book, his mother didn’t attach too much importance to it; her son seemed fine. Then that night she was awakened out of a sound sleep by the Holy Spirit to “Go check on Jason !” (not his real name). She rushed to find him, locating him in the garage hanging from the ceiling by his belt! I wept as I was told this, but incredibly, it had just happened and she rescued him! He was not harmed! Praise God for mothers who listen when God speaks! How great is our God!

1 comment:

  1. Thelma,
    I'm weeping,also, as I read this.God is well able to save and protect on His own, but He CHOOSES to move through our prayers. I am so thankful that all these young men are alright.

    I can think of so many times when Marc and Matt were deployed in the war that God sent me a "prayer alert" (very good name for this type of prayer). It was so intense and He would even bring certain scriptures to mind to pray.

    Not until they had returned home did I find out why those scriptures were given. I would like to share in my blog how God protected Matt while he was in Afghanistan for a year.It's truly a miracle that he is alive and came home with no physical injuries.

    However, so many families have loved ones that have catastrophic injuries from the war or who have died that I feel it would possibly be insensitive to share how God protected our sons. I'm praying about this because I know we are supposed to declare the great things our God has done!

    Anyway, thank you for sharing. May we always have ears to hear our Father when He calls us to pray.

    ReplyDelete